7/30/2006

A Day At The Beach

A family of five were enjoying a day at the beach. The children were swimming and building sandcastles.

In the distance a little old lady appeared. Her grey hair was blowing in the wind and her clothes were dirty and ragged. She was muttering something to herself as she picked things up from the beach and put them into her bag.

The parents called the children together and told them to stay away from the old lady.

As she passed by, bending down every now and then to pick things up, she smiled at the family. But her smile wasn’t returned.

Many weeks later they learnt that the old lady had made it her lifelong crusade to pick up bits of glass off the beach so children wouldn’t cut their feet.

Jesus said, “Judge not, lest ye be judged.”


The story is from A. De Mello Prayer of the Frog p.169

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 pm

    Even when I try not to judge so often deep within I still do. It might not seem that I do to others looking on but I know what I feel deep within even though I don't voice it.

    ReplyDelete