7/05/2007

Questions from Isabelle - what does God do?

Dear Revd Glynn,

What does God do?

From Isabelle


Dear Isabelle,

As you probably guessed by now I would put the word ‘love’ into the question instead of the word ‘God’. So the question would read ‘What does love do?”

Here’s a little list that is by no means complete:

1. Love tucks me into bed at night, listens to the good and bad things about my day, and gives me a kiss goodnight
2. Love encourages me to think about what is good for others. What does my brother/sister need, and how can I help?
3. Love is the joy I feel when playing in piles of autumn leaves, throwing snowballs, making sand sculptures, or running into the sea.
4. Love is joined to wonder – that feeling I get when starring at the stars on a cloudless night.

Another way of saying all the above is that God comforts and encourages us; God urges us to think about the needs of others; God joins us as we play; and God excites us in wonder.

Of course, particularly with no. 1, God has the human face and heart of your mum or dad.

Kind regards,
Glynn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 am

    Love sent the Son of God to the Cross. He went willingly, for He so loved the world John 3:16. That why I love Him, but its true He love me more than I love Him God name is Love. 1 John 4:16
    And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love.
    God so loves me that I love Him. Kind regards from Tim, who attends an Anglican Church which was a shock to his Baptist parents.

    ReplyDelete